1. Niche Retreats is a trading name of Above Beach Cottages Ltd which is referred to in these terms & conditions as A.B.C.
2. CONTRACT The Contract to hire the accommodation shall be between the Hirer and the Owner of the accommodation and not A.B.C. who act solely in the capacity of booking agents on behalf of the owner. A binding Contract exists when the deposit has been paid and confirmation of the booking sent to the applicant by A.B.C.
3. PROPERTY INFORMATION Every effort is made to ensure that the information contained in the website is accurate, but neither A.B.C. or the Owner accept liability for inaccuracies.
4. REFUSAL OF BOOKINGS The Owner and A.B.C. reserve the right at their absolute discretion to cancel any booking upon giving the Hirer reasonable notice in writing.
5. PAYMENT OF BALANCE AND KEY ARRANGEMENTS The balance of the occupation charge is payable without further request not later than eight weeks before the commencement of the holiday period and on receipt of this you will be informed of the arrangements regarding keys. In the case of bookings made later than eight weeks before the holiday full payment is required. Note Debit/Credit card payments can be made online or by telephone.
6. NON-RECEIPT OF BALANCE BY DUE DATE If A.B.C. do not receive the balance of the occupation charge by the due date, they shall be entitled but not obliged to treat the booking as cancelled and will use its best endeavours to re-let the accommodation. Deposits are non-refundable. If the Hirer pays the sums due before the accommodation is re-let the Hirer will be entitled to occupy the accommodation.
7. PETS No pets may enter the premises unless permitted in the website description, and then are only allowed downstairs and must not be allowed on the furniture. Please do not leave pets unattended in the properties. Please make sure that you clean any dog’s soils from the garden and surrounding areas.
8. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE Occupation may be taken up from 4.00pm on the date of entry and the property vacated not later than 10.00am on the day of departure.
9. PERSONS WHO MAY OCCUPY The hirer and party shall have the right to occupy the accommodation for holiday purposes only and for the agreed period only. The hirer may not allow any person other than those named on the booking form and in any case not more than the number of persons the property is stated on the website or in the brochure to sleep or to occupy the premises.
10. GROUPS OF SINGLE PERSONS .We are not set up for stag or hen parties etc but sensible singles or single sex couples are most welcome.
11. CANCELLATION Cancellations must be in writing to A.B.C.. If the cancellation is made more than 8 weeks before the holiday no further monies will be due. Deposits are non-refundable. On receipt of a cancellation within 8 weeks of the holiday A.B.C. will endeavour to re-let the accommodation but notwithstanding this the balance of the occupation charge remains payable by the Hirer by the due date. If A.B.C. re-let the accommodation then the balance will be refunded. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU TAKE OUT HOLIDAY CANCELLATION INSURANCE
12. BOOKING ALTERATIONS Once a booking has been confirmed, we cannot guarantee to accept a change of property or week.
13. COMPLAINTS You must notify the caretaker (or A.B.C. if they are unavailable) of any complaint as soon as reasonably practicable and provide full details in order to allow as much time as possible for any corrective action to be taken. Please don’t wait until you get home to tell us that something is wrong
14. MATTERS BEYOND OWNER’S CONTROL These include local happenings that may occur at any time, e.g. nearby building work or invasion by pests. Neither the Owner nor A.B.C. accept responsibility for any matter beyond their control or for the effects any works may have on your enjoyment of the property. This does not affect your statutory rights.
15. WITHDRAWAL OF PROPERTY In the unlikely event of withdrawal of the property by the Owner for whatever reason, the booking will be cancelled and A.B.C. will notify the Hirer in writing as soon as reasonably practicable. The Hirer shall be entitled to a full refund of any monies paid only.
16. REPAIRS The Hirer must report any defects occurring in the accommodation or its equipment as soon as reasonably practicable. All reasonable efforts will be made to arrange for necessary repairs or renewals to be carried out as quickly as possible. The Hirer shall permit the Owner, A.B.C. or other agent upon giving reasonable notice to enter the accommodation at any reasonable time of day (or at any time in the event of an emergency) for the purpose of carrying out any repairs. A.B.C. shall not be liable for any defects in the accommodation including its equipment.
17. TELEPHONE & BROADBAND The Hirer shall pay the cost of all telephone calls as notified to A.B.C. by the owner. Broadband is not limited but we ask that your use is reasonable.
INTERRUPTION OF BROADBAND SUPPLY Many of our properties are a long way from the exchange and supplied via overhead cabling vulnerable to the weather. We understand how important internet access is nowadays and if there is a problem with the broadband connection we will do everything possible to restore or improve it but this is a matter beyond the owners control as per item 14. IT IS A CONDITION OF THE BOOKING THAT YOU ACCEPT THAT FAILURE OF BROADBAND SUPPLY IS NOT GROUNDS FOR CANCELLATION OR MOVING ACCOMMODATION AND THAT COMPENSATION IS LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF £10 PER DAY WITHOUT SUPPLY.
18. USE OF PREMISES The Hirer must take reasonable care in the use of the accommodation and keep it clean and tidy at all times. The Hirer must not permit any annoyance to adjoining occupiers.
19. DAMAGE CAUSED BY HIRER In the event of damage to the property or if excessive cleaning is necessary a charge may be made against the credit/debit card used to make the booking
20. OCCUPATION AT HIRER’S RISK Use of the accommodation is at the Hirer’s risk and no liability shall fall upon A.B.C. or the Owner for injury to Occupants or damage to or loss of the Occupant’s belongings or property save for that caused by negligence.
21. CALL OUTS If the hirer requires a call out by a contractor who reports to A.B.C. that the call out was due to the fault of the hirer, the hirer may be charged for the call out.
22. Payment by Credit card is subject to a 2% charge, no charge for debit cards. All bookings are subject to a £30 service fee.
23. No smoking is permitted inside any of the buildings.