- £998 per week
- £143 per night
- 10 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 3 king/super-king beds
- 4 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 3 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Open fire or woodburner
- Games room
- Welcome pack
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
Important - Please Note
- No more than 2 pets
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
Wales is a land known for its ruggedness and hospitality. And while these qualities may seem contradictory, nowhere are they more in harmony than in this luxury self-catering water mill conversion. Nestled off a country lane amongst the beauty of the Llyn Peninsula, Melin Llyn offers a cosy, retro-chic interior along with an enclosed garden and your very own bar, making it a place of gathering and memories.
Connection by tradition
Decorated with such fixtures as an Italian leather sofa, an original Indian coffee cart, a Chinese-style sideboard, and handmade curtains, Melin Llyn belies the modesty of its traditional Welsh stone exterior. Then there are the personal touches in the bedrooms, such as the industrial-inspired armchair and footrest in the Aberdaron room, the Welsh linen curtains, Welsh wool throws, and designer cushions. Not to mention the table football on the gallery landing. Melin Llyn is truly the epitome of style and cosiness.
And yet, even its exterior is not as simple and rugged as it may first seem. Families and groups of friends will certainly want to dine al fresco around the old refectory table on the patio. And on a star-filled night, pull the cork on a bottle of red and gather around the fire pit or under the roofed bar to truly take in the magnitude of Melin Llyn’s exquisite setting.
Bedrooms and bathrooms
The luxurious, king-size master suite is located on the ground floor and features a beautiful leather-framed mirror and an en-suite shower room. Also on the ground floor is a separate shower room with WC. The four remaining bedrooms and the family bathroom are on the first floor, beginning with the Aberdaron room, which is a king-size room benefiting from an antique brass-and-iron bed frame. Next are the Rhiw and the Meillionydd Rooms, which host two single beds each. The final king-size room is called the Plas Newydd Room, boasting colonial-style furnishings, a luxurious black velvet bed and ottoman.
There is off road parking for up to five cars. We can also provide a high chair and travel cot, but ask that you please request these at the time of booking and that you bring your own cot bedding. If you are interested in booking a beauty therapy and massage treatment during your stay, we would be happy to provide you with more information on request. We welcome two well-behaved dogs at an additional fee of £25 per pet.
Special Note: If your stay is a special occasion, please let us know so that we can make it even more memorable for you. During your stay, guests of Melin Llyn are eligible for a 10% discount at Cwt Tatws, where they will be welcomed with a cake, tea and sea views. Cwt Tatws is a unique shop with an eclectic range of stylish home accessories.
Beautiful property, everything you needed was there. Very comfortable beds, lots of seating areas. Decorated really uniquely a lot of thought has gone into the property. The area it was in was perfect for exploring the top end of the Peninsula we didn’t have far to drive to a lot of the beaches. Would definitely recommend staying here l didn’t want to come home.
Hen Felin is a spacious, well-equipped cottage in a quiet position only 10-15 minutes drive from several beaches. Modern kitchen with lots of glassware and crockery. Sunny garden not overlooked. Very clean on arrival, owner easily reached for enquiries. Would definitely stay there again.
Llyn Peninsula is a designated area of outstanding natural beauty and Melin Llyn offers an ideal base to explore its network of footpaths and coastal walks around 84 miles of stunning coastline. The Llyn Peninsula, where the Welsh language and way of life still flourish, is renowned for its beautiful beaches and watersport whilst the majestic mountains of Snowdonia are also within a short travelling distance.
Boat trips are available from Porth Meudwy (5 miles) to Bardsey Island - once a site of religious pilgrimage, now a National Nature Reserve. There are numerous activities in the area including fishing, horse-riding, golf and Glasfryn Parc where you can enjoy go-karting, ten-pin bowling, archery etc. Plas Glyn-y-Weddw, a magnificent Manor with galleries, beautiful gardens and tea room with sea views is well worth a visit, whilst Ffestiniog Railway, castles and the Italian village of Portmeirion are all nearby.
- Aberdaron Beach - sandy beach backed by all the amenities of this picturesque village. 3.7 miles
- Porthoer (Whistling Sands) - 4.8 miles
- Towyn, Tudweiliog - a lovely, hidden beach that can be accessed via the coastal path. 5.8 miles
- View 10 of the most popular beaches on the Llyn Peninsula
- Llyn Coastal Path (part of the All Wales Coast Path) - 84 miles around the Llyn Peninsula, from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. The nearest joining point is 2.2 miles from the cottage at Llanfaelrhys.
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) - Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 14 miles from cottage.
- Abersoch beach offers flat water for wakeboarding and waterskiing, sailing, power boating and windsurfing. 10 miles
- Porth Neigwl (Hell's Mouth) is a very popular venue for surfers and body boarders. 10.5 miles
- Find out more about watersports on the Llyn Peninsula
- Nefyn and District Golf Club - 26 holes, offering two cliff top 18 hole courses set in spectacular coastal scenery. 10 miles
- Abersoch Golf Club - 18 hole golf course, adjoining the beach. 10.5 miles
- Llyn Golf Centre - Pen-y-Berth. 15 bay driving range, practice green and bunker and 9 hole golf course with sea views. For beginners and advanced players - hire clubs available. 11 miles
- Pen Llyn Stud & Riding Centre, Pwllheli. Stud farm and rides for any level of experience. 5.8 miles
- Llanbedrog Riding Stables - Horse-riding lessons etc. Beach and hill rides. 10 miles
- Cilan Riding Centre - Abersoch. Beach rides and more. Great for kids and novices. 12.6 miles
- Find our more about horse-riding on the Llyn Peninsula
- Find out more about cycling on the Llyn Peninsula
- Read more about the range of opportunities to go fishing on the Llyn Peninsula - suitable options for all ages.