- £595 per week
- £85 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1 Pet
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Wet room
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Sea or coastal views
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- On one level, no stairs
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Wet room
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
Important - Please Note
- No more than 1 pet
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
Sit back and relax in a style you could so easily become accustomed to. Plenty of space, those little touches that define luxury and glorious country and coast on your doorstep. Magical.
This part of Wales comes big on space and views, just like this blissfully presented barn. Tastefully restored to offer a comfortable stay in luxury, this pet friendly holiday home makes a perfect getaway for four plus one furry friend.
When you step inside Tyddyn Iago, you’ve likely already been captivated by the wide sweeping countryside outside with the promise of the ocean on the horizon. Inside, those same views are visible through all the windows, allowing plenty of natural Welsh light into the spacious interiors. Original features such as elegant beamed ceilings and the odd splash of stone remind you of the barn’s history, but otherwise it’s all about modern comfort.
In the open plan living space, natural wood floors guide you to the deep sofas, stylish in soft grey with a dash of floral hints as a nod to the rolling countryside outside the big windows. Feast your eyes on the little details of décor, all subtly placed just so. Glide over the kitchen area, just as elegant and with all mod cons. And with those very same views from the sink, even the washing up is no chore here.
Both bedrooms provide more of the same luxurious relaxation and of course, that light and those views. Sleek, uber modern bathrooms add style in stone, ceramics and chrome to your stay.
And then to the outside. A hidden sandy beach is yours (and just yours) to discover within just a short walk from your holiday haven. Venture slightly further and the National Trust Porthor beach, also lovely, awaits. Then explore the delightful Llyn Peninsula whose rugged cliffs and secret sandy coves offer a world of nature as it’s meant to be.
Bedrooms and bathrooms
The barn has two bedrooms, one king size and the other with two single beds and en suite with walk-in shower. A full bathroom completes the accommodation.
A slice of heaven! Despite having the worst weather imaginable, we were happy to be unable to leave the cottage for 3 days solid. We kept warm with the underfloor heating and lit the wood burner, whilst relaxing in the sumptuous facilities. When persuaded to leave the house (hates the rain and wind), our dog loved the walks to the beaches, cafe and running around in the contained grass paddock. Amazing.
We absolutely loved staying here and have already booked for next year! Such a beautiful place to stay with stunning views. We can't wait to come back!
Nice place. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and tastefully decorated.
Property is in a lovely location with fantastic views and walks to 2 good beaches. Aberdaron and Abersoch are a short drive away. Very clean and comfortable property and would definitely return and recommend.
This property was perfect in every way, lovely location, fabulous finish. We were very comfortable and enjoyed our stay very much. Thank you
Anyone wanting to explore the beautiful Llyn Peninsula and it's coastline whilst staying at a luxurious property should look no further! The home is decorated to a very high standard and the morning views are incredible. We had a fantastic week and just what the doctor ordered following the turbulence of 2020!
Tyddyn Iago is one of three impressive, semi-detached barn conversions on site, surrounded by the beauty of the Llyn Peninsula. The three cottage enjoy privacy from each other and if you wish to bring additional family members of friends, the other two cottages are the perfect solution. With its own enclosed patio and lawn, as well as views towards the sea and surrounding countryside, this is the place to relax in style.
The hidden, sandy beach of Porth Iago (one of Llyn Peninsula's best kept secrets) and the Wales Coast Path are within a mile. 3.5 miles away, you will discover the picturesque seaside village of Aberdaron, whilst Morfa Nefyn is 10 miles and Abersoch within 11 miles. The National Trust beach of Porthoer (Whistling Sands - where the sand does actually whistle when the conditions are right) is also just 1.5 miles away and includes a beach-side cafe.
Aberdaron is located on the western tip of the Llyn Peninsula and offers a range of amenities. This includes two pub/restaurants (Ty Newydd and The Ship) with excellent food, lovely cafes, thatched roof bakery, Spar and National Trust shop. The slightly bigger coastal resort of Abersoch offers a wide range of amenities including restaurants and shops. Pwllheli (15 miles) is the unofficial 'capital' of the Llyn Peninsula and has a good range of local amenities including a variety of independent shops, cafes and restaurants, supermarket, banks and 2 markets - one on Wednesdays and the other on Sundays (May to September).
Amongst the main attractions, you have the sacred island of Ynys Enlli (Bardesy Island) - once a site of religious pilgrimage, now a National Nature Reserve. Boat trips are available from Porth Meudwy (5 miles) to Bardsey Island. Slightly further than Porth Meudwy, on the most westerly point of the Peninsula is Uwchmynydd - a historic headland offering a spectacular viewing point towards Barsey Island and the coast. As these examples suggest, the Llyn Peninsula is a designated area of outstanding natural beauty and Tyddyn Iago offers an ideal base to explore this special part of Wales.
The Llyn Peninsula, where the Welsh language and way of life still flourish, is renowned for its beautiful beaches and watersport whilst the majestic mountains of Snowdonia are also within a short travelling distance. There are numerous activities in the area including fishing, horse-riding, golf and Glasfryn Parc where you can enjoy go-karting, ten-pin bowling, archery etc. Plas Glyn-y-Weddw, a magnificent Manor with galleries, beautiful gardens and tea room with sea views is well worth a visit, whilst both the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highlands Railways also offer great days out. Not to mention Cricieth and Caernarfon castles, the Italian village of Portmeirion, a walk or train ride up Snowdon and much more.
- Porth Iago - a lovely, hidden sandy cove within walking distance. 0.7 miles
- Porthoer (Whistling Sands) - 1.5 miles
- Aberdaron Beach - sandy beach backed by all the amenities of this picturesque village. 3.5 miles
- View 10 of the most popular beaches on the Llyn Peninsula
- Llyn Coastal Path (part of the All Wales Coast Path) - 84 miles around the Llyn Peninsula, from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. The path can be joined from the doorstep.
- Yr Eifl (The Rivals) - Mountain range including the highest point on the Llyn Peninsula. 4.5 miles in length. 15.5 miles from cottage.
- Lovely and peaceful coastal lanes from the doorstep - perfect for cycling.
- Find out more about cycling on the Llyn Peninsula
- Pen Llyn Stud & Riding Centre, Pwllheli. Stud farm and rides for any level of experience. 7 miles
- Llanbedrog Riding Stables - Horse-riding lessons etc. Beach and hill rides. 11 miles
- Cilan Riding Centre - Abersoch. Beach rides and more. Great for kids and novices. 13.7 miles
- Find our more about horse-riding on the Llyn Peninsula
- Abersoch beach offers flat water for wakeboarding and waterskiing, sailing, power boating and windsurfing. 11 miles
- Porth Neigwl (Hell's Mouth) is a very popular venue for surfers and body boarders. 11.5 miles
- Nefyn and District Golf Club - 26 holes, offering two cliff top 18 hole courses set in spectacular coastal scenery. 11 miles
- Abersoch Golf Club - 18 hole golf course, adjoining the beach. 11 miles
- Llyn Golf Centre - Pen-y-Berth. 15 bay driving range, practice green and bunker and 9 hole golf course with sea views. For beginners and advanced players - hire clubs available. 12.5 miles
- Read more about the range of opportunities to go fishing on the Llyn Peninsula - suitable options for all ages.